Executive Secretary: Grady Mullins
Dayton Building and Construction Trades Council was chartered by the Building and Construction Trades Department of the National AFL-CIO in order to:
- Promote the growth and development of all building and construction trade unions.
- Develop and advance apprenticeship training through cooperation with federal and state agencies.
- Promote and develop safe work practices in the construction industry.
- Negotiate project-based labor agreements.
- Promote and develop strong, fair and meaningful labor management cooperatives.
- Participate in legislative activities that promote and protect building and construction trades unions and their members, including prevailing wage laws.
- Promote the industry for the advancement of all affiliates and their members.
The Dayton BCTC also seeks adoption of programs and policies that promote the security and welfare of the general public. Initiatives supported by the Dayton Building Trades include:
- Helmets to Hardhats: Putting returning service men and women to work in the Building Trades.
- Better Choice Program: Opportunities for minority men and women to learn a trade and go to work.
- Labor-Management Cooperation Committees: Labor and management working together to be successful.
- Miami Valley Foreman’s Club: An organization for Foremen of all trades to enhance the professionalism of all union members.
- Our Council and members are active donors and volunteers in the United Way, Habitat for Humanity, Rebuilding Dayton, Boy Scout Council of the Miami Valley, United Rehabilitation Services (URS), and many more community-based service organizations.